B8. Integrate large, complex, and possibly distributed software systems with components derived from multiple applications domains and with distributed data gathering and analysis tools.
The SW breakout is organized into four 40 minute discussions with a short "charge to attendees" at start and a break in the middle.
The four areas and subtopics are:
- Development Environment
- Programming models and languages
- Libraries (numerical, message passing, I/O, etc.)
- Code composition, transformations o Software Tools
- Performance modeling and understanding
- Validation and verification
- Error quantification
- Interface to OS and System
- Fault tolerance
- Workflow management
- Computational steering
- (OS covered in HW breakout)
- Knowledge Discovery
- Data analytics
- Provenance management
- Data access, portability, storage formats
Each discussion area will address these questions:
- What are fundamental new ideas or approaches in this area?
- What is the potential impact of each idea?
- What is the impact on the application areas in the other breakouts
- What is the timeliness argument for each ide